Well, it’s been 100 posts, amazingly. Here are some of my newbie thoughts:
1. I don’t know any thing about blogging! It’s a bit like life, the more you know about it, the more you know you don’t know. It’s like an unfolding paper puzzle, with pretty things flying out as you unfold more and more.
2. It’s alright to have a bit of a fiddle. I definitely like re-visiting posts and doing re-writes and changing photos etc etc. You just CAN’T do that with the printed book, so it’s refreshing to be able to constantly tinker with online writing and piccies.
3. There’s so much that can be improved in your back end. This is also just like life, as every mother reading will totally understand. It’s probably easier to fix up the back end of your blog and make that gorgeous.
4. It’s a great idea to go to bloggy conferences. So mentally stimulating and so inspiring… and you learn stuff. Enjoyed Sydney Bloggers, missed Blogopolis, looking forward to Problogger Conf in Melb.
5. Blogging will make you a better mother. It will, and lets face it, that was a big ask. There’s so much good stuff to learn, planning for the family, great recipes to feed the family, ideas for every part of life, and great ways to simply enjoy the moment. I didn’t expect to benefit this much from blogging, but am. Grateful!
Here are a couple of the many things I certainly don’t know about blogging:
I don’t know how people do it, how do they post daily? How? Are their brains the size of the planet? Do they have the bestest behaved kids ever? I’m amazed and admiring.
I don’t know quite how to keep up with all the good stuff I’d like to read. Google Reader is really handy, but it doesn’t add in hours to the day. Books are being neglected, TV watching is minimal. Ideas please!
I don’t know exactly what I am doing with this blog or where it’s going. I think I’ll do another 100 posts and see where we all end up!
Maybe blogging is like the motherhood/work/life balance and like eating healthily, you can have it all, but you can’t have it all at once.
I’d love to find out how and when you blog, and when do you read around other peoples’ blogs.
Stand by, post 101 coming soon!