Are you looking for fantastic family days out in Sydney?
Are you planning a family visit to Sydney?
You’re in the right place.
You’ll find loads of handy information here, with the essential details you need to make your family days out easy and enjoyable!
A Lovely Reader Comment
I just wanted to thank you for the recommendation to go to Peats Bite!!
It is the most wonderful place in Sydney!!
I’m so glad your list of places didn’t just include the same old zoo, museums and boring parks!
We went to Peats Bite yesterday for Father’s Day lunch and honestly we all woke up today feeling like we had been on a holiday! It’s very very special.
I look forward to more of your suggestions.
What’s It All About?
The emphasis here on Hello Sydney Kids is on outdoors fun, places all the family can enjoy. If it’s a free family trip then all the better.
If you love to walk, swim, boogie board, have picnics, surf or swing around in playgrounds and trees then you have hit the jackpot!
You’ll also find some major events, the best of the city’s family-friendly museums, art galleries and theatres.
You can read about great places for families to stay in Sydney and about where to eat out with kids.
You’ll love our Sydney school holidays posts – there’s heaps to see and do and it doesn’t need to cost a fortune. You’ll also find ideas for things to do at home.
Sydney is famous for it’s fresh food and wonderful local produce. Hunt through Sydney’s local markets and then get home to make family-friendly food, including some marvellous cakes that kids love.
About The Family
We are myself, a long-suffering husband and the four boisterous bairns.
You know those delightful children you see carrying their violin cases into school… well, mine are nothing like that.
The bairns are:
Giant Teenager, aged 20 and towering miles above me. He plays rugby league, the drums and the bagpipes. His developmental history has been eventful…
Dexbox, aged 18 but going on 35.
Rusty Rocket, aged 11 and full of beans, one of the few foods he likes eating.
Minnie The Minx, also aged 11 and just five minutes younger than her twin; she has to be tough to keep up with three brothers but she swathes her steel in many layers of pink.
* Born and brought up in Scotland
* My name is Seana Smith, Seana is pronounced ‘Sean-a’. It’s an Irish spelling and I was named after a little West Highland Terrier dog.
* Studied Latin, Greek and Old and Mediaeval Engligh at Wadham College, University of Oxford
* Have lived for a year in Italy, and in Karachi, Pakistan (but England more foreign – joke!)
* Spend most of late teens and twenties underwater, mad scuba enthisiast
* Arrived in Sydney with a manual typewriter and mask, flippers and snorkel in 1987
* Got a great job on The Midday Show With Ray Martin
* Worked for the BBC in London and Glasgow approx 1990 – 1995
* TV career in ruins after birth of first son in Edinburgh, moved to Sydney in 1998.
* Assorted books and other children followed. It’s all a blur.
* All children finally to school late January 2012. Collapsed sobbing with relief.
* Pulled self together. Went out to lunch.
* Love a cuppa, love a natter, love my family, miss the Scots more and more as I get older.
* Am improving with age. Which is both a relief and very practical.
Lovely reader comments – thank you!
I rely on the internet a lot to figure out where to go, so I love all the lovely photos and details you put up on your site.Thanks for all your hard work.
Just to let you know that I love your site, and think its an invaluable source of information. Visited numerous parks on your recommendation, and appreciate all the hard work you do to provide the information!
You can also find me here:
I also work on these useful websites:
Autism Launchpad: Leaving School and Leading Your Own Life
My personal website is at: Seana Smith
Get In Touch With Me Here
Hello Sydney Kids’ disclosure policy is here.
Thank you for visiting!