We aim to eat salmon once a week… but those wee twins of mine don’t really like it as much as I wish they did.
Looking for a way to make it tastier and more appealing, I found this recipe which looks yummy but not so adult that it would scare the twins off.
I’m posting weekly recipes this year, as an encouragement to myself to cook new meals with fresh and healthy ingredients. I’m also working with Hello Fresh this year, they have wonderful recipes on their website.
- 800 grams potatoes chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 1tbs oolive oil
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 4 fillets of salmon, patted dry
- 1 bag rocket leaves
- parsley, roughly chopeed
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Place the potato and red onion on a prepared oven tray. Drizzle in half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour over the dukkah. Toss to coat and then return the potato to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on a second prepared oven tray. Brush the salmon with the balsamic mixture until completely coated on all sides.
- Place the salmon in the oven for the final 15 minutes of the potato and red onion cooking time, or until cooked through.
- Place the rocket leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the balsamic glazed salmon, rocket and crumbed dukkah potatoes
This recipe is adapted from a recipe created by Hello Fresh, whom I partner with on this website.
HelloFresh is a healthy food delivery service that provides new recipes with perfectly proportioned ingredients delivered right to your doorstep .
For example they sent out all the ingredients to create the meal pictured above, plus easy-to-follow recipes.
Keep it simple.
Keep it fresh.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item using these links I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. This helps support this blog. Disclosure policy is here.
PPS When I cook this dish it does NOT look as good as in the photo!