First of all, the news. Giant Teen16 had his surgery yesterday. He was very brave and said to the doctors: ‘I’m feeling confident.’
The surgeon called me after one hour and ran through the procedure and then the regime for wound healing. It will take a while as the abscess was quite deep, right down to the bone in fact. Yuck.
Teen16 was woozy for a while then soon got stuck into an ice block and some jelly… and then started eating in true teen style.
It was when he got out the laptop and typed in www.drummersworld.com that I knew all was well.
At which point I zoomed to basketball to pick up Teen13 and then home to put the twins to bed. Bethany visited Teen16 later on and took him fruit and chocolate.
When this post is posted I will be off to collect him then we’ll bunker down at home, and make another chocolate cake.
I’ve made a chocolate cake a day for two days now and why stop?
Baking is a huge stress buster, don’t you reckon?
So far we’ve made the old favourite Super Healthy Chocolate Cake, then a vegan one which wasn’t so great. Today’s will be one with chickpeas in it… wish us luck!
Since I haven’t been organised enought o take any baking photos this week, here’s another recipe that I hope you’ll love.
I’ve been experimenting with Donna Hay’s sublime Lemon Yoghurt Cake.
These muffins were the first trial, and darn fine they turned out to be.
We’d made the orange marmalade ourselves too, just myself, Minnie The Minx and the Thermomix. Too easy.
- 180ml vegetable oil (3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 280g thick natural yoghurt
- 385g caster sugar 1 ¾ cups
- 300g 2 cups SR flour
- 50g orange marmalade
- Put on the oven to heat at 180°C.
- Whisk together oil, eggs, yoghurt and sugar.
- Sieve in flour and stir until smooth.
- Swirl in the orange marmalade.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Drizzle a little orange marmalade on top when still warm.
- Scoff the lot... err, I mean eat one and watch the children scoff the lot.
- Note to self: an orange marmalade butter cream would be great, or a simple lemon icing.
Not to burn off the cake calories so much as to exercise the old heart and release some happy hormones.
Hope that all is well for you and yours.
Love from one much relieved mamma.