Here’s what we all need right now, a festive recipe book full of food we won’t regret the morning after.
The Healthy Mummy Christmas And Entertaining Cookbook is packed with over 150 recipes that are delicious and easy to prepare.
Designed by nutritionists, there are breakfast recipes to feed a crowd like Coconut French Toast; breezy barbecue ideas like Lamb with Asparagus and Feta; tips for roasting a whole fish with our Snapper with Tahini Sauce; along with a stack of side dishes, salads, cocktails and mocktails to keep everyone happy.
Rhian Allen, Founder and CEO of The Healthy Mummy said: ‘We wanted to give people everything they needed to host Christmas in an easy-to-follow format, to ensure that the festive season doesn’t signify the undoing of all their hard work to lose weight.’
‘With festive meal plans to suit all styles and budgets, plus tips for reducing stress and beating the bloat – the Christmas And Entertaining Cookbook has you covered.’
Here’s the recipe for the Raw Chocolate Tart featured on the book’s front over.
Raw Chocolate Tart
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup cacoa or cocoa powder
- 2 cups assorted berries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- To make crust, drain soaked dates then process all ingredients in a high speed blender. Press firmly into the base of a 20cm round tart tin. Set aside.
- Process all the filling ingredients until smooth and well blended, Spool filling over base and spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until filling has firmed.
- Remove tart from tin and decorate with fresh berries and walnuts.
- Slice into 14 pieces.
- Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 2-3 days.
The Healthy Mummy Christmas And Entertaining Cookbook costs $49.95 and you can buy it in book shops and online from the Healthy Mummy here,
Here’s to a healthy Christmas for all of us, with indulgences followed by chasing the kids around!
Thank to The Healthy Mummy for gifting me this cookbook – which I need!