We aim to eat salmon once a week… but those wee twins of mine don’t really like it as much as I wish they did.
Looking for a way to make it tastier and more appealing, I found this recipe which looks yummy but not so adult that it would scare the twins off.
- 800 grams potatoes chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 1tbs oolive oil
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 4 fillets of salmon, patted dry
- 1 bag rocket leaves
- parsley, roughly chopeed
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Place the potato and red onion on a prepared oven tray. Drizzle in half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour over the dukkah. Toss to coat and then return the potato to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on a second prepared oven tray. Brush the salmon with the balsamic mixture until completely coated on all sides.
- Place the salmon in the oven for the final 15 minutes of the potato and red onion cooking time, or until cooked through.
- Place the rocket leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the balsamic glazed salmon, rocket and crumbed dukkah potatoes
This recipe is adapted from a recipe created by Hello Fresh.
Keep it simple.
Keep it fresh.
PS When I cook this dish it does NOT look as good as in the photo!