Perfect for a chilly winter’s day, mushroom soup will give you a nutrition-packed boost as well as warming the cockles of your heart.
Making some soup and baking a cake, whilst wearing Ugg boots, is the best way to keep away the mid-winter blues.
These photos are from the first time I ever made mushroom soup, it not the last!
This recipe is so quick and easy… only problem in the early days was that my kids did not like it when they were little. So myself and my husband, who’s been strictly vegetarian for 30 years, used to lap up the lot.
Now the children do eat it too. Hooray!
These days, my only grumble with this easy mushroom soup recipe is that it doesn’t make enough to have any leftovers for the next day.
PS Please see more photos below the recipe card.
The most delicious mushroom soup and so effortless to make.
- 500g mushrooms (any type you like)
- 1 leek
- 1 fat clove of garlic
- 30 gr butter
- 1 tsb plain flour
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cream
- 3 cups of veggie stock, or chicken
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley
- Chop mushrooms. I do this in Thermomix for few seconds on speed 7, using the spatula to mix them around. Scrape into a bowl.
- Chop leek and garlic for 2 seconds at speed 7.
- Sauté leeks and garlic with butter until soft, 100 degrees for 4 minutes, speed soft.
- Add mushrooms and sauteé again for 10 minutes at 100 degrees, speed soft.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute more.
- Then pour in the stock and cook for 10 minutes at speed soft. Make sure you take some time to inhale the lovely smells that are steaming out of the Thermomix.
- Blend the soup until smooth. 15 - 30 seconds on 8.
- Stir in cream and parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
You can also tweak the recipe in a few ways: double the butter; a wee bit of blue cheese added; Philly cheese instead of cream. Great ideas and I must try them.
NB How about also checking out our Easy Cashew and Mushroom Nut Roast recipe, click here!
Do you make mushroom soup?