There are a couple of vegan families at school and the mums have opened my eyes to some great recipes.
And a glorious cookbook called: ‘Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.’ I bought it and I’m NOT afraid to use it.
Extra useful for me when I have run out of eggs and butter.
But I make these in any case just for the fantastic smooth texture of the cupcakes.
I have changed the recipe minimally, and made the measurements suit how I bake.
Easy Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup canola oil
150g caster sugar
180g SR flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat over to 160 degrees C, my oven is fan forced.
2. Whisk soy milk and vinegar and let it curdle for a few minutes.
3. Beat together soy milk and vinegar mixture with oil, sugar and vanilla.
4. Gently fold in the flour, cornflour and salt.
5. Pour into cupcake holders or pan and bake for 15 – 20 minutes depending on your oven.
6. Decorate with a cocoa, margarine and icing sugar icing and any pretty decorations you have or can make.
7. Stand back as the hungry hordes descend.
Do you ever run out of eggs and butter.
Or is it only me?
Last Updated on