For indoor kids fun, you cannot beat the Lollipops Playland indoor play centres. There are four Lollipops in Sydney, at Castle Hill, Parramatta, Penrith and Wetherill Park.
All of the Lollipops are very similar, being very large, with huge play structures, large slides, teacup rides, a large cafe, soft play area for the little ones and much, much more.
Lollipops Playlands General
I must say that my four children all loved these indoor play centres. They are too big for them now, but the memories linger on. Lollipops Playlands are bright, colourful and there are lots of opportunities to run, jump, roll, slide, chase and climb.
I tended to take my kids to one of Sydney’s indoor playgrounds on rainy days, and my preference was to go at lunchtime when the littler children are off at home having their daytime nap. My wild kids could charge around madly, and it was much less of an assault on my ears.
Lollipops Playlands – Best Points
- Unlimited play, you really can stay and play all day if you’d like to.
- Unlimited teacup rides – very popular.
- Cafes are very spacious, lots of space for the lots of strollers.
- The separate soft play areas for young children are really practical and pretty large too.
- The play equipment is really, really good fun for the preschoolers; quite challenging and definitely thrilling.
Lollipops Playlands – Downsides
- Parents have to pay to get in – shockers! But you do get a free coffee.
- Pretty expensive especially if you have several children (but look for special offers in local papers and when you join email list)
- You can’t take your own food in – boo hoo.
- You need to remember socks, or pay for them, always a problem for us in summer.
- Can be amazingly busy, especially when full of parties; it’s a good idea to call ahead to ask how many parties are being run at the time you’d like to go.
Lollipops Playlands Locations
NB Please do check the websites for current opening times and costs!
Lollipops Castle Hill: Unit 8/10 Hudson Avenue, Castle Hill NSW 2154
Lollipops Parramatta: Unit 3 / 175 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill NSW 2142
Lollipops Penrith: 233 Mulgoa Road, Penrith NSW 2750
Lollipops Wetherill Park: 18 Mcilwraith Street, Wetherill Park NSW 2164
Yes, yes, I much prefer the kids to play outdoors, I really do.
But I don’t mind a bit of indoor play when it suits us.
What about you?
Do they drive you mad or save your sanity?
Check out more fun indoor playgrounds in Sydney on this post.