Here’s a quite outrageous and totally delicious mascarpone and marmalade ice cream.
Not at all healthy – sorry!
If you’re going to enjoy a treat, make it a bloody good one, not some mass-produced crappola is what I say.
Ice Cream Recipes – Mascarpone and Marmalade Ice Cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 250g tub mascarpone
- seeds ½ vanilla pod (I used 1 tsp Queen vanilla paste)
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp Seville orange marmalade
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
- Mix milk, mascarpone, vanilla and orange zest together in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking to blend the mascarpone into the milk.
- Once just boiling, take off the heat and whisk this gradually into the egg mix to make a custard.
- Clean out the pan, then tip the custard into it. Cook gently for 15 mins, stirring all the time, until the mix is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Don't let it boil or the eggs will scramble. Sieve into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream machine until thick and smooth, then tip into a plastic container.
- Spoon over the marmalade, then use a skewer to ripple the marmalade through. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hrs until set. If you don't have an ice-cream machine, freeze the custard for 4 hrs in a container, stirring and breaking up the crystals every hour until thick and smooth. Swirl in the marmalade, then freeze solid.
- kcalories, protein 3.0g, carbohydrate 16.0g, fat 15.0 g, saturated fat 9.0g, fibre 0.0g, sugar 16.0g, salt 0.11 g
Next I will try making it in the Thermomix as I think that might work really well. And be less stressful!
And I made a passable pavlova with the leftover egg whites. HATE wasting food.
Home made ice cream doesn’t last long in out house.
The older boys liked this one, but the twins found it a bit too unusual for their little taste buds. It was finished all too fast.
Or maybe that was a good thing!
What’s your favourite ice cream recipe?
Last Updated on