Can I just say what a joy it is to have a Sydney staycation close to home?
We live about 20 – 30 minute drive from Manly and visit a lot, but staying there for a night was a huge pleasure.
Of course, we do love a family-friendly hotel and Novotel is a just that kind of a brand.
The Novotel Manly Pacific is on the beach front, in the mid point of the huge stretch of beach that runs from North Steyne to South Steyne.
If you’re wondering how expensive this hotel is, check costs and availability here.
The Novotel Manly Pacific is just a short walk both to the Corso and Manly Wharf and to North Steyne SLSC where Manly Surf School runs their lessons – handy.
Novotel Manly Pacific – Family-Friendly Features
- Like all Novotels, the Manly Pacific has a kids’ play area, plus free computers to use.
- There are always extra kids’ activities in school holidays
- The concierge has boogie boards and buckets and spades for you to use
- Rooms with two queen beds are spacious and good for families
- Two children who share a room with their parents or grandparents stay and eat breakfast free (under 16 years old)
- If you take two rooms, the second enjoys a 50% discount (subject to availability)
- There are two bedroom apartments
- The pool on the roof is great, there’s a warm spa beside it too
- There’s room service, plus two restaurants within the Novotel
- There’s free wifi in the lobby but not in the rooms, sadly
- It’s across the road from the beach
- Location, location, location – there’s so much to do with kids in Manly
Novotel Manly Pacific- The Rooms
There are 213 rooms in the hotel: Standard, Superior District View, Superior Ocean View and 2 Bedroom Ocean View Suite.
We were hosted in a Superior Ocean View Room, with two queens bed, we ended up with one parent and one twin in each.
Yes, the ocean views cost more… but they are absolutely divine.
The views by day are one thing, but for the full stunning experience get up early and watch the sun rise. It was gloriously glorious.
Novotel Manly Pacific – The Rooftop Pool
It’s not huge but it kept us happy for hours and hours. I was soaking in the views whilst my kids were swimming, jumping, playing games, chatting to other kids and jumping again.
I think they did notice the views…. maybe not though.
Eating At The Novotel Manly Pacific
Novotel Manly Pacific – The Details
Address: 55 North Steyne, Manly, NSW 2095
Phone: +61 2 9977 7666
Parking: There is a small car park under the hotel which attracts a fee. Otherwise there is meter and free street parking around the hotel, though it can be busy in Manly
Public Transport: Catch the ferry from Circular Quay to Manly Wharf and then walk the 10 minutes to the hotel or catch a cab
Things To Do In Manly
Well, on this visit we did a few nice things.
- Walked along the seafront
- Had a beer at the 3 Pines (not the kids!)
- I swam with the Bold and the Beautiful at 7am from South Steyne to Shelly and back
- Paul had a run along the gorgeous sea front
- Twins had a very long lie in
- Ice creams and checking out the shops at the Corso
But there are a zillion other things to do with kids in Manly, find some of them here.
Have you ever had a Manly staycation?
Don’t you love a family-friendly hotel!
Happy holiday planning,
We stayed as guests of the Novotel Manly Pacific, covering the costs of dinner ourselves. All opinions are my own and my family’s. Thanks for our stay Novotel Manly Pacific, we did enjoy a wee break from the suburban mundane.
Last Updated on