Did someone say ‘quick’ and ‘easy’? My kids absolutely love a lasgne, and none more than the one created by the Dinner Ladies, see that recipe here.
But that’s a recipe that needs plenty time… and time is what we don’t have much of so… here’s a quick and easy recipe for those busier afternoons.
- 1 tbs oilve oil
- ½ brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 500mg beef mince
- 2 tins doced tomatoes
- 1tbs balsamic venegar
- 1 bunch basicl, leaves torn
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves
- 6-9 dried lasagne sheets
- 1 tub ricotta ie 250grams
- 100 grams cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 20 celcius, 220 if not fan forced
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlice and beef mince and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it is browned and cooked through.
- Stir in one tin of diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and torn basil. Season with salt and perpper. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Take a medium baking dish and then sppon half the mince mixture into the bottom. Top with a handful of spinach leaves. Place 2-3 lasagne sheets on top, enough to cover the mince and spinach.
- Repeat the process with the remaining beef mince and another handful of spinacjh leaves plus the lasagne sheets.
- Pour over the second tin of diced tomatoes and spread evenly.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, grated cheddar cheese and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the ricotta mixture and spead so that the lasagne and tomato are covered evenly in cheese.
- Bake the lasage for 30 - 35 minutes, until the lasagne sheets are softened and the cheese is golden, melted and lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- To serve with remaining baby spinach leaves, drizzed with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe created by Hello Fresh.
Keep it simple.
Keep it fresh.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item using these links I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. This helps support this blog. Disclosure policy is here.