Creamy, sweet and delicious, this simple raspberry ice cream no-churn recipe is a real crowdpleaser.
This is a rather decadent dessert, packed with sugar and fat, but also with raspberries, one of the healthiest fruits on the planet.
It’s very quick and easy, and the two bowls used can be washed up in a flash.
Simple Quick Raspberry Ice Cream
400g icing sugar
4 eggs, separated
600ml whipping cream
300g frozen raspberries
1. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff. then add in 200g of icing sugar and whisk again until glossy.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream and remainly 200g sugar until firm but not too firm.
3. Gently mix the egg whites and cream together and very gently mix in the egg yolks too.
4. Stir in most of the frozen raspberries, and pour into a suitable container. Scatter the last raspberries on the top to decorate.
5. Freeze for 3-4 hours.
6. Eat by the large spoonful.
These amounts make a LOT of ice cream, enough for the six of us over two meals. So if you have a smaller family, you might want to start by trying half these quantities.
I’ve fiddled a bit with a recipe I first read on the excellent website Stone Soup. I’m a great fan of this website and have bought three of the books, great grub!
If you love ice cream, have a look at this marmalade and mascarpone ice cream recipe. It’s more complicated but well worth the effort.
You might also like this Thermomix Raspberry Ice Cream recipe.
What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?