Do you ever read a recipe and just know you have to make it straight away?
This one was like that. Super, super healthy and sounded outrageously delicious… and it is.
No butter, no sugar… just wholesome bananas, honey, nuts and spices. My teenagers love this.
The wee twins would still go for the not-so-healthy Easy Moist Banana Cake though.
Super Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
You can easily print out this recipe to keep.
- 3 ripe bananas (I used 4 as they were small)
- 2 eggs
- 80g (1/4 cup) honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 125 g (1 cup) almond meal
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 80g (1/2 cup) pecans or walnuts
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Blend bananas with eggs, honey and cinnamon until completely smooth.
- Add the almond meal and baking powder and mix in.
- Chop walnuts or pecans and mix in gently.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin and top with slivered almonds/
- Bake for 45 minutes or until ready, when a skewar comes out clean.
- Cut up and eat warm - lovely!
If this sounds just too outrageously healthy, do check out the Easy Moist Banana Cake recipe, it’s a cracker.
The book was created and produced by parents and friends of Avalon Public School and sales of the book raise funds for the school.
Avalon is a gorgeous small beach suburb on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. It attracts a lot of creative people, as you can see from the quality of this gorgeous cookbook. Read about Avalon Beach here.
The photography in the book is marvellous and there are heaps of recipes I am keen to try.
Do you have a no sugar, no flour, no butter recipe to share?
Just for the odd occasion?
Last Updated on