After many incarnations and attempts… I’ve perfected the Thermomix lemon and coconut ball. The kids scoff them, I do too, and now the recipe is here on the blog rather than scribbled on a bit of paper with many corrections and additions. I’ll never lose it again!
Hope you enjoy my version, it’s nutrition-packed and very tasty.
- zest of one lemon
- juice of two lemons
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 75g (1 cup) almond meal
- 75g cocount oil, melted
- 100g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- extra coconut for rolling ball sin
- Peel the lemon zest off using a potato peeler.
- Place zest and coconut in Thermomix and whizz for 10 seconds at speed 8, scrape down and repeat until zest is completed blended into coconut.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and blend 10 seconds at speed 6. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
- The mixture is quite soft at this stage but will firm up as the coconut oil sets. If I have time, I let the mixture firm up for 15-20 minutes at this stage.
- Roll into small balls and cover in coconut, then keep in fridge.
If these appeal you might also like:
I’m drooling at the thought of these rich, tangy, lemony bites.
Off to the kitchen!
What’s your fave healthy snack of the moment?