I love lemon curd but had never attempted it before I found this Thermomix lemon curd recipe online. Now, it’s a staple of the household.
This is a Thermomix recipe, originally called Tenina’s Lemon Curd and featured in one of her books, although I found it in a forum.
NB You might have been searching for lemon butter Thermomix or Thermomix lemon butter. Rest assured that this is the recipe you are looking for. Lemon curd and lemon butter are the same thing!
Thermomix Lemon Curd Recipe
150g caster sugar
the peel of 1 lemon, use a potato peeler to remove
juice of 2 lemons
1 egg yolk
Place lemon peel and sugar in a bowl and pulverise for 30 seconds at speed 9. You will have to stop to scrape down the bowl. Make sure the lemon peel has been finely pulverised, it may take more time.
Add everything else into the bowl. Chop for 5 seconds at speed 7.
Insert butterfly and cook at 80º for 8 minutes on speed 3.
How To Use Thermomix Lemon Curd
Obviously, lemon curd is made with lots of butter and sugar, so it’s a take it easy kind of food. The strong flavour is amazing, and so a little goes a long way.
- My kids love this swirled through thick Greek yoghurt.
- One of my favourite inventions with it has been dolloping a spoonful onto low-fat cottage cheese.
- I’ve also used it to make a lemon tart for the kids, using a basic crumbled biscuit and butter base.
- Use on toast for breakfast.
- Serve with cream on warm scones.
- Spread it over a pavlova base then add fruit and cream.
- Use as a layer in a trifle.
- Add a dollop to your breakfast muesli.
The kids adore this, and so do my neighbours and friends.
The next recipe I’m going to try will be a lemon curd ice cream. What can go wrong??!!
Do visit www.tenina.com to find some more great Thermomix recipes.
Thermomix Lemon Curd FAQ
Yes, most definitely. It is made with butter and eggs and needs to be stored int he fridge. But it will not last long!
No, it will last for up to two weeks but we prefer to eat it within a week.
Yes, it certainly can.
Do you love lemons?
Find more recipes for family-friendly food here.