Ah, who doesn’t love a simple risotto. This Thermomix pea and mint risotto is not only quick and easy to make, but it’s also super tasty. Well, with 100g of grated parmesan in it, it’d want to be.
I love this recipe because I’ve always got peas in the freezer and mint in the garden, plus arborio rice in a kitchen drawer and parmesan in the fridge. So we are good to go on this Thermomix risotto any day of the week. And all of my children will eat this – miracle, plus my very vegetarian husband is also droolingly grateful when it is produced for dinner.
Thinks! It’s time he learned to make this himself. Hold that thought.
Now, let’s cut to the chase and fling up the recipe so that you can check out all the ingredients, then I will pop up some photos of the risotto being made.
This risotto is made from pantry and freezer staples, and is quick and easy - a dinner winner.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g olive oil
- 350g arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 3 - 4 cups (750ml - 1 litre) veggie stock
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 200g frozen peas
- 60g butter
- 100g shaved or grated parmesan
- Place the onion and garlic into the Thermomix and chop for 3 seconds at speed 6-7, then scrape down and do the same again.
- Add in 30g of olive oil then sauté for 5 minutes at 100°, speed 1.
- Add in the 350g of arborio rice. Sauté for 4 minutes at 100, speed 1.
- Pour in the wine and then cook for 2 minutes at 100, speed 1.
- Pour in the stock, place the butterfly piece into the bowl. Cook for 15 minutes at reverse speed soft at 100.
- Pour in the peas and the mint and cook as above for a few minutes more. Check that the risotto is al dente.
- Add in the butter and 50g of the parmesan and cook for a minute of two longer.
- Serve in warmed bowls with the rest of the parmesan sprinkled over, plus a sprig of mint to garnish..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Pea and Mint Risotto in the Thermomix – Tips
Risottos with veggies are such a great meal for hungry families… but not so much for this mother who does not need as many carbs as the kids and husband do. I serve vast portions to my husband and the sporty teens and watch them wolf it down.
I sigh and have half as much as they do, wishing I had the metabolism of a skinny man or muscly growing teen. Then I stop that internal whinging and get tore into a gigantic bowl of green salad with loads of fresh herbs!
We hope that you enjoy this simple Thermomix risotto as much as we do.
What’s your family’s most passionately loved risotto?
And do you have to watch your family eat much bigger portions than you too?
Do you whinge a lot, or is it only me?