My mum grows the world’s best raspberries in her back garden in Bonnie Scotland and they are in season now.
We won’t have the pleasure of tasting Mum’s raspberries this year but at least we can enjoy our fave raspberry dessert, winter or summer, here in Sydney.
Maybe this should be called Instant Raspberry Yoghurt Ice Cream, because it’s just frozen yoghurt blended with frozen fruit, a touch of sugar and voila.
Too easy. You just need a very powerful blender.
I do mine in the Thermomix these days. There is a Thermomix recipe for sorbet using ice cubes, but I prefer to get some thick Greek yoghurt into my kids.
I have done this in the past with a stick blender and small cubes of frozen yoghurt and it did work – OK for small quantities but not ideal.
Quick Raspberry Yoghurt Ice Cream – In The Thermomix
- 1 tray frozen yoghurt
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 1 egg white
- 130g sugar (you might prefer more)
- First freeze some think Greek yoghurt (I must measure this properly one day but am sure most trays hold a similar amount.)
- Mill the sugar for a minute until it’s as fine as icing sugar.
- Add the frozen raspberries into your blender and whizz around until berries are all broken up.
- Add egg white and all the frozen yoghurt.
- Blend very fast, you will need to stop every so often to mix with a spoon, to ensure all the yoghurt blends in smoothly.
- Pop into freezer if you want it to firm up further.
- Or just grab a spoon and scoff immediately.
Why? Just because…..
Raspberries Are A Superfood!
* super high in fibre
* super high in antioxidants
* low in calories
* so delicious!!
Do you love raspberries at your house?
What’s your favourite fast ice cream dessert?