One of the best things about the beloved Thermomix is being able to make whole-fruit fruit juices and smoothies.
You can simply whizz up all sorts of fruits and veggies with a bit of ice and water for juices.
Use milk and yoghurt for smoothies.
After a minute or two on the fastest setting, voila!
Delicious smooth drinks, with all the lovely, healthy fibre still there.
My kids describe these drinks as a bit ‘foamy’ as there’s air whizzed in there too, they love that.
A favourite of ours is orange and banana smoothie. Then sometimes I add a few more things in for whoever fancies a different colour and flavour of juice.
Orange and Banana Smoothie in The Thermomix
- 2 small bananas
- 1 orange
- 200ml milk of your choice
- 2 tbs plain yoghurt
- Other possoble ingredients: a date, couple of walnut halves, blueberries
- Simply peel the bananas and orange (I cut the peel off with a sharp knife.)
- Pop them into the Thermomix with a handful of ice cubes.
- Blend on 9 for one minute.
- Check and blend more if needed.
- Add the milk and yoghurt and any other ingedients you have chosen.
- Blend 20 seconds at speed 8.
- Have a taste, if you think it needs to be thinner, just add more milk.
- Pour out for the people who fancy that one.
- Add half a cup of frozen blueberries into what’s left and whizz that up and add water/ice as desired.
This recipe makes enough for two children or one starving adult.
Next time I’ll be trying frozen raspberries! Yum!!
You’ll love this post:
What’s your favourite smoothie to make at home?