A Family Stay at The A By Adina Canberra
We are a family of labradors and greyhounds. Myself and my oldest son will and do eat absolutely everything and when we travel we love to be within walking distance of a good variety of cafes and restaurants. My husband and the twins are greyhounds, lean and fast and far less interested in food.
So when the chief greyhound started making plans to run the half marathon at the Canberra Times Marathon Festival, I said: ‘Let me look after the hotel booking.’
I knew that the brand new A By Adina apartment hotel was right in the centre of things in Civic. I thought that its blend of top-end luxury with family-friendly features would work for all of the family members who were going.
Our teenagers are almost 15 and for my daughter, proximity to the Canberra Centre was everything. My son wanted to work out at the hotel gym and to bring his guitar and have space to spread out.
Hubby said just wanted to be close enough to the start of the marathon. I knew that he would really appreciate space and comfort when he had finished.
And what about mum? Well, I was looking for a bit of visual beauty, some stylish design features which we definitely do not have at home. Being very central was most important though, so that we could walk to great dinner locations and to some of the sights. Having easy access car parking was also really important.
The A By Adina worked well for all of us… no mean feat!
Where is the A By Adina Canberra?
The A By Adina is in a stunning glass-fronted new building, 1 Constitution Avenue. This building is part the new Constitution Place precinct between Vernon Circuit and London Circuit, with the Meat and Wine Co being one of the first of its cafes and restaurants to open.
A By Adina Map
A By Adina Features
- Complementary wifi, USB charging stations
- The 130 rooms include studios and one and two-bedroom apartments
- Interconnecting one-bedroom and studio apartments work well for families, this is what we had
- One-bedroom apartment has sliding panels to close off the sleeping area if required
- One and two-bedroom apartments have walk-through robes with lots of space, studios have spacious built-in wardrobes
- The one and two-bedroom apartments have full-sized fridges, cooktops and washing machine and drier, all of which got a workout when we stayed. The studios have fridges and microwaves.
- All rooms have Nespresso coffee machines
- Gorgeous colours and design, I loved the rendered concrete walks, and the plush velvet cushions
- Huge floor to ceiling windows let in plenty of light and have fab views
- Two-bedroom apartments have two bathrooms, one has a bath and shower, the other a shower
- Well-equipped small gym
- Parking is not too expensive at $19 a day. The car park is under the building, turn sharp left as soon as you turn into Constitution Place. Very modern and slick number plate recognition technology makes getting in and out a breeze
- There is no in-house dining but a cafe next door serves breakfast and the concierge can order other meals via Deliveroo and will bring the meal to your room
- Canberra Olympic Pool is just a very short walk away
- It is a 25 – 30 minute walk (or a 5-10 minute drive) over Commonwealth Avenue Bridge to reach Questacon, the Art Galleries and Old and New Parliament Houses
- The Australian War Memorial is just a five minute drive away
- The Canberra Centre is a five minute walk away and the shops, cafes and restaurants of Braddon are very close by too
We stayed three nights at the A By Adina Canberra. This was a very luxurious trip for us and one that we enjoyed immensely. There is nothing quite like a huge comfortable bed, gorgeous bathrooms and all the practical items too, like the washing machine, dryer and the huge fridge.
We walked up the road to eat out for two of the nights and had the hotel order us a meal via Deliveroo on the third night. Check out where we enjoyed eating and read all about the best things to do in Canberra with kids here.
A By Adina Canberra Details and Booking
Address: I Constitution Avenue, Canberra, ACT
Phone: 02 5134 6444
I do always recommend calling a hotel before booking to chat through your family’s size and needs. That’s the best way to make sure that you get the best rooms to suit your family best.
You will be happy to hear that Paul survived the half marathon. He did it in under one hour and fifty minutes and felt good at the end. The teens and I met him and drove him home where he spent a lot of the rest of the day stretched out on the comfy king bed reading his book. He deserved it!
Hope that you have enjoyed this look around the new A By Adina Canberra. It is definitely a place to stay when you are looking to treat yourself to some comfort and luxury in Canberra.
You can read about more Canberra family accommodation options here.
We were kindly offered a media rate by the A By Adina for our three night stay. Thank you A For Adina for your hospitality. All opinions are our own, and loudly expressed, especially by the teenagers.