Now this green pea soup is a bit of a revelation.
It’s so quick and easy to make, yet is a taste sensation AND it’s really good for you.
All good stuff with no naughties at all.
And it’s so very vibrant green. Who could resist?
Easy Green Pea Soup
1 small onion
1 tbs olive oil
2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken if you are not vegetarian)
4 cups frozen peas (approx 500g)
salt and pepper
1. Chop onion and saute until soft in olive oil.
2. Add stock and peas to pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Blend with stick blender until VERY smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Scoff with brown bread and butter.
Next time I will add in some mint as the soup simmers, I think.
Who could resist, did I ask?
My younger three children, that’s who!!
They are not very adventurous, but if I keep persisting then surely, eventually…..
Peas – Some Nutrition Facts
* Peas are both vegetables and legumes
* They are high in vitamins C and K and the B vitamins
* High in manganese, magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium.
* Peas have lots of fibre, great for the gut
* High in cancer-fighting antioxidants which are also excellent for eye health
What’s your favourite simple soup?
And do you like peas?