Welcome readers, so you are looking to research the best family holiday parks NSW?
Why not? You and the family deserve a break.
Our family has enjoyed some great holidays and family weekends away at many of the best holiday parks NSW has to offer. So let us tell you all about the places we have stayed in and point you towards others which are on our holiday bucket list.
This is a long post, so do check out the table of contents below. It starts you off with our favourites, the Top Holidays Parks in NSW, then lists other great places to visit in different areas of the state, such as Sydney holiday parks.
NB this post is definitely best viewed on desktop or laptop rather than on your phone – just sayin’.
We hope you’ll find something that works for you in this post and we hope your holidays will be as fun as ours have been.
Our Top Holiday Parks NSW
Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven
This is a Jervis Bay gem, Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven is an absolute beachfront holiday park with all of the features families need to enjoy a relaxing holiday. This holiday park ranks first for our family, partly because it’s the first place we ever stayed in at Jervis Bay and it ignited a love affair that has lasted decades.
Here are the reasons that your family would love a stay at Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven:
- Location, location, location. This holiday park is right on Huskisson Beach, there are no roads at all between the holiday park and the beach. Just grab your bucket and spade and walk down to the beach
- A very short walk away is the delightful Moona Moona Creek which fills and empties with the tide creating a wonderful play space for kids. Teenagers will love jumping off Moona Moona Creek. No, this is not allowed, strictly speaking, but teenagers cannot and will not be stopped
- The playground and wide grassy area by the beach can also wear out the kids
- There’s also a swimming pool within the holiday park, it’s not a huge one but still an excellent spot to chill out
- A coffee van is there every morning, plus there’s a small shop
Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven has plenty of different types of accommodation to choose from:
- Luxury self-contained cabins, and more affordable cabins too (these are where I stayed with the kids for a few years). There are dog-friendly cabins here too.
- Powered sites with ensuites
- Powered bushland camping sites (our family friends always camped when we went together).
White Sands Holiday Haven is very close by to Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven, it is a shorter walk in to the cafes and ice cream shops of Huskisson and is a lovely spot. But we love Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven best, a big reason is how close it is to Moona Moona Creek.
Address: 17A Beach Street, Huskisson NSW 2540
Phone: +61 2 4406 2040
Read more and book direct on the Huskisson Beach Holiday Haven website here.
This was sone of the first holiday resorts we stayed in after my big boys were safe swimmers. It was heaven! I could lie by the pool and watch the boys play in the amazing resort pool, I even read my book!
Ocean Beach in Umina is one of the best holiday resorts NSW, it really is a luxurious and relaxing place to stay.
On the first trip we did here, myself and the kids stayed in a very nice villa, it felt spacious and was set amongst trees, lovely. But we have also camped and enjoyed it just as much.
Umina Beach is just 90km north of Sydney so is a very easy drive of around 90 minutes, but do avoid peak hour traffic heading north out of Sydney.
Highlights at Ocean Beach for families include:
- Resort heated pool complex with spa and water slide, plus toddler pool
- Fantastic water playground
- Adventure playground, basketball courts, half tennis courts
- Kids activities on weekends and in school holidays
- Beach wheelchair
- Top quality accommodation from three-bedroom villas that sleep 8 people, through smaller villas and cottages to the caravan and camp site.
- Beachfront but beach is not so good as at Murramurang Caravan Park NSW
Find lots more photos of Ocean Beach Holiday Park and read about our two stays there on this post here.
Check Ocean Beach Dates + Prices here
Kangaroo Valley is the most beautiful countryside location, the views are wide and breathtaking and the small historic village is full of charming shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. And there’s a river running right by the town and close to the holiday park too. For an escape into nature and beauty with the kids, head straight to Kangaroo Valley.
The Holiday Haven Kangaroo Valley holiday park is a top spot to stay with kids for both its location and its facilities. It is also a dog-friendly holiday park, so its suits dog-owning families especially.
This holiday park is situated at the far end of town, very close to the river with its swimming spots which can be accessed by steps just beyond the holiday park. Canoes and kayaks can be hired from reception. You can hire fire pits throughout winter.
- Two-bedroom cabins, sleeping from four – six people
- One-bedroom cabins, sleeping two – four people
- Powered and unpowered bushland camping sites
Address: 5 Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley NSW 2577
Phone: +61 2 4406 1900
Find out more and book direct on the Holiday Haven Kangaroo website here.
We loved our stay at Murramurang for the location by the beach, for the pool and especially for the many kangaroos who came to visit. This is our favourite of the holiday parks NSW South Coast
Murramurang is in the little seaside town of South Durras, a short 15 minute drive from Batemans Bay.
We stayed in a pretty basic villa, rather like a large fixed caravan. It was tight with the six of us all in together, I would definitely get something bigger next time.
Here’s why families love Murramurang:
- absolute beachfront
- beautiful beautiful location, gorgeous Beagle Bay seascapes and surrounded by National Park
- terrific resort pool
- splash playground for the kids
- bistro and bar is good so no need to cook all the time
- kids’ club runs during some school holidays
- great accommodation ranging from beach houses sleeping up to seven, villas, and safari tents to caravan and camp sites
This is the Byron Bay holiday park NSW which has the best facilities. The swimming pools and water playground really are great for families and make this one of the top parks NSW. However this holiday park is not right on the beach, see below for two that are right on the beach if that’s what your trip to Byron is all about.
Families love Discovery Parks Byron Bay for its kid-friendly features including:
- two terrific swimming pools
- water playground
- jumping pillow
- full tennis court
- restaurant on site
- accommodation includes luxury cabins, luxurious safari tents, budget cabins, backpacker bunk room, powered and unpowered sites for tents and caravans
Absolute beachfront Byron Bay holiday parks include the First Sun Holiday Park on Belongil Beach.
Reflections Holiday Park Clarkes Beach is right on Clarkes Beach so an easy walk to Wategos Beach and the Cape Byron Walking Track.
Holiday Haven Lake Conjola
Lake Conjola and the ocean beaches that surround it are a much-loved holiday spot for lovers of the water and water activities, especially those who love boating and fishing. The extensive waterways of Lake Conjola and its small, quiet village are ideal for lovers of nature, and Holiday Haven Lake Conjola is a popular choice for families who holiday there. Lake Conjola is just north of Ulladulla and the holiday park is found on the
The most affordable way to enjoy this South Coast treasure is to camp or caravan at one of the powered sites on the lakeside. There are also many options for cabin stays, from luxury to more simple.
Facilities at Holiday Haven Lake Conjola include:
- jumping pillow
- spiderweb climbing frame
- swimming pool and water playground
- cricket pitch and half tennis court
- boat ramp and boat wash area
- BBQ and picnic facilities
There are beautiful ocean beaches just over the sand dunes from the holiday park, you can hire all sorts of watercraft in the village and don’t forget to enjoy walks at Conjola National Park.
Address: 1A Lake Conjola Entrance Road, Lake Conjola NSW 2539
Phone: +61 2 4444 8830
Book direct on the Holiday Haven Lake Conjola website here.
This is a fantastic holiday park on the mid-north coast of NSW, it used to be called Big4 Sunshine but has been rebranded. Our family had a most excellent stay there taking full advantage of the broad range of activities within the park. The gigantic water playground by the pool, Shipwreck Island, really is a wonderland for kids. The shows and free kids activities were also a huge hit for us.
- pool and enormous water playground
- Kids activities organised by the staff like egg and spoon and sack races
- the Pirate Show put on by the staff
- arts, craft and face painting in school holidays
- kids playground and large jumping pillow
- putt putt course, games room, free go-karts
- communal bonfires and free marshmallows
- lots of wildlife to watch, lots of lovely kangaroos
- like the other top notch parks mentioned here, there are many options at Big4 Sunshine. We stayed in a pretty luxurious cabin, there are smaller and more economical cabins too, plus space for tents and caravans at this highlight of the holiday parks north coast NSW.
South West Rocks itself is a magical destination, read out top tips on Things To Do at South West Rocks with kids here.Check NRMA South West Rocks Prices + Availability Here
Holiday Haven Culburra Beach
Culburra is a south coast favourite for surfers and for anyone who loves fishing and watersports. Located 22 km from Nowra, this magnificent beach has something for everyone. Holiday Haven Culburra Heach is at the northern end of Culburra Beach, close to Shoalhaven Heads and the mighty inland waterways around the Shoalhaven River.
This holiday park has larger cabins than most do.
Accommodation at this holiday park features:
- 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom cabins sleeping up to six people, including accessible cabin options
- Powered ensuite sites
- Powered simple and deluxe camping and caravan sites
Facilities and fun stuff at Holiday Haven Culburra beach includes:
- mini golf
- outdoor cinema
- large playground
- direct beach access
- cricket pitch
- jumping pillow
- solar heated swimming pool
- splash pad water playground
Address: 2A Prince Edward Avenue, Culburra Beach NSW 2540
Phone: +61 2 4429 5405
Book direct at the Holiday Haven Culburra Beach website here.
Just 4km from the city centre, Alivio Tourist Park Canberra makes a great base for visiting Australia’s capital city and is the best of the caravan parks Canberra. Spend your day visiting the sights you love (read our top-rated posts called 15 Things To Do In Canberra With Kids here) and then let the kids play and run wild and free at the best Canberra holiday park afterwards.
There are so many fun things to do with the kids at this king of the Canberra caravan parks:
- accommodation ranges from top of the line 3 bedroom villas sleeping up to 8 people to motel rooms to caravan sites
- The Ridge Cafe and Bar is open for breakfast and dinner
- resort pool, not huge but handy
- basketball and volleyball courts
- tennis court
- outdoor table tennis and foosball tables
- mountain bike trails nearby
- bush walks from the holiday park in the Bruce Ridge Nature Reserve which surround the holiday park
- playground for little kids
Alivio Tourist Park Canberra
20 Kunzea Street, O’Connor ACT 2602Find Alivio Canberra prices and check dates here.
So that’s the list of our very favourite holiday parks NSW, the ones which we can highly recommend ourselves.
Holiday Parks NSW: Best Caravan Parks NSW
Now for the rest of NSW, well starting with one of the top tourist parks NSW that is very popular with visitors to Sydney and with Sydneysiders on staycation. It is the very best of the caravan parks Sydney.
This Sydney holiday park is in such a great location, close to North Narrabeen beach and the iconic North Narrabeen Ocean Pool.
Enjoy all the benefits of Sydney’s beach culture, then hop on a bus to Manly to catch the ferry to Sydney or just take the B-line bus all the way into town.
This park has a fantastic location, by a lagoon which is great for kids to play in, plus –
- cabins, bungalows and villas available, sleeping up to six people, camp sites and caravan sites too
- excellent water playground for the kids
- nice playground too
- store on-site, cafes and restaurants within walking distance
- kids activities in most school holidays
- so many cool activities in and close to Narrabeen
Read about my family’s camping trip to NRMA Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park here.Check prices and availability at NRMA Sydney Lakeside here
NRMA Jindabyne Holiday Park: Snowy Mountains Holiday Parks NSW
Right on the shores of beautiful Lake Jindabyne, this Snowy Mountains holiday park is a top spot for families and is one of the top caravan parks NSW.
It’s a matter of location, location, location, this tourist park in Jindabyne is so close to the snow fields in winter and great walking and mountain biking in the spring, summer and autumn.
Then right alongside there are walks and bike rides around the lake plus swimming. fishing and kayaking fun too.
Here’s what you can enjoy at Lake Jindabyne:
- villas and cabins sleep up to six people, there are powered and unpowered sites for caravans and camping
- playground, multipurpose court, games room and library
- boat ramp and fish freezer
- drying room and ski tuning table
- convenience store on site, cafes and restaurants close by
Address: 6 Kosciuszko Rd, Jindabyne NSW 2627
More Fab Holiday Parks NSW
Here’ are some that are definitely on the list to write up:’s our list of more fantastic NSW holiday parks, as personally recommended by family and friends.
North Star Holiday Resort, Hastings – the far north coast of NSW is a superb spot to get some warm weather most of the year.
BIG4 Easts Beach Holiday Park, Kiama – A fantastic spot on the south coast with plenty to do in Kiama plus picturesque villages like Berry nearby.
Big4 Tweed Billabong Holiday Park, Australia – Tweed Heads gives you easy access to all the entertainment of the Gold Coast without the crowds.
Discovery Parks Dubbo – The waterpark here is great fun for the kids and of course don’t miss the zoo!
NRMA Merimbula Beach Holiday Park – Merimbula on the Sapphire Coast south of Sydney has long been a popular holiday spot, with good reason! The kids will love the pools plus the close proximity of the beach.
Big4 Ingenia Holidays Hunter Valley – Hunter Valley Gardens often has kid-friendly events like the Christmas lights to visit in between wineries.
Reflections Seal Rocks Holiday Park – Seal Rocks is a beautiful spot, not too far north of Sydney, with stunning beaches surrounded by national park.
Have we missed any of the best holiday parks NSW can offer?
Always very keen to hear from readers about places they’d recommend to other families.
PS This post is updated regularly so please do check back for the latest info.
PPS This post contains some affiliate links meaning that, if you book accommodation using the link, a small commission is paid to support Hello Sydney Kids, at no cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.