We loved a good berry in this house. Mind you the strawberries and raspberries we can buy here in Sydney are nothing like as good as the ones you can get in Scotland.
But Scotland’s a long way to go for a decent smoothie.
Anyway, yes, berries… so good for you, and so delicious. I try to have some frozen berries around at all times, and then but fresh ones when the price of right (which is rare for rasps, I have to say.)
I had a lot of fun photographing berries and smoothies yesterday… and eating the props.
- 100g raspberries, blueberries and strawberries (frozen or fresh if you have them)
- 1 huge tbs natural yoghurt
- 250 ml milk of your choice
- I also add a walnut half or two when I make this for the kids.
- Weigh everything into the Thermomix.
- Blend at speed 8 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down and blend for another 10 - 20 seconds.
- Pour and drink quickly!
- This makes 500ml of smoothie. That is enough for two kids size glasses or one hungry teenager or adult breakfast on the go.
Of course you can use any blender, or a stick blender, but we use the Thermie for most of our smoothies. So quick and easy.
Slurp! A fab breakfast, or a healthy after school snack. Here’s to our favourite Thermomix smoothies!
What’s your favourite super simple smoothie?
Find more simple smoothie recipes right here.