When I posted this photo of freshly-baked vegan peanut butter cupcakes, I had immediate requests for the recipe.
Well, here it is, a very simple, egg-free recipe. These cupcakes taste great, they have the most fantastic texture and they stay fresh for ages.
The only downside to these vegan peanut butter cupcakes? They are not suitable for school. But they do make an excellent after school snack.
These delicious and nutritious cupcakes are easy to make and a sure crowd-pleaser.
- 180ml soy milk (3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g peanut butter
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs treacle
- 170g self-raising flour (can do 100g wholemeal 70g white)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Stir vinegar into soy milk and set aside to curdle.
- Cream peanut butter, treacle, oil, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour in soy milk mixture and stir together.
- Sift and gently mix in the flours and salt until just combined.
- Pour into liners and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
PS I’ve adapted and Australianised this recipe from the great little recipe book ‘Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.’
Hope you love them.
Find all the other family-friendly food recipes here!
You might like this Healthy Spiced Zucchini Bread recipe too, click here.