Playgrounds Deluxe, don’t you love them! These are the best playgrounds in Sydney… at least the best that we’ve found so far! I hope you enjoy browsing through them.
There can’t be a better city in the world for the variety and quality of its children’s playgrounds.
With three boys and a girl, all lively kids and two with ADHD diagnoses, I am not kidding when I say that Sydney’s playgrounds saved my sanity.
I am planning to write mini descriptions of these playgrounds, in the meantime, just click on the name to read the detailed post.
Contents of this post
- City + East
- Bondi Beach Playground
- Darling Quarter Playground, Darling Harbour
- Grant Reserve, Coogee
- Lyne Park Playground, Rose Bay
- Maroubra Beach Playground and Skate Park, Maroubra
- Pirrama Park Playground at Pyrmont Point
- Robertson Park Playground, Watson’s Bay
- Rushcutters Bay Park Playground, Rushcutters Bay
- Sydney Park Playground, St Peters
- Anderson Park, Ryde
- Apex Park Playground, Mona Vale
- Balmoral Beach Playground
- Berry Island Reserve Playground, Wollstonecraft
- Bicentennial Park Playground, West Pymble
- Bilarong Reserve, Narrabeen Lake
- Blenheim Park, North Ryde
- Blackman Park Playground, Lane Cove West
- Bobbin Head Playground and Walks, Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park
- Buffalo Creek Reserve Playground, Hunters Hill
- Clifton Gardens Playground
- Clontarf Beach Playground
- Collaroy Beach Playground, Collaroy
- Fagan Park, Galston
- Flying Fox Playground at Winnererremy Bay Park
- Governor Phillip Park Playground, Palm Beach
- Hallstrom Reserve Playground, Willoughby
- John Roche Playground, Northbridge
- O H Reid Reserve, Chatswood West
- Lagoon Park Playground, Queenscliff by Manly
- Lionel Watts Playground, Frenchs Forest
- Passmore Reserve Playground, Manly Vale
- Putney Park Playground, Putney
- Ryde Park and Playgrounds
- Walter Gors Park in Dee Why
- Wahroonga Park Playground
- Warners Park Playground, Northbridge
- Warriewood Valley Playgound – Rocket Park
- Waverton Park – Merrett Playground
- Willoughby Park Playground, Willoughby
- Inner West
- The Backyard at Rouse Hills Town Centre
- Bicentennial Park Playground, Sydney Olympic Park
- Blaxland Riverside Park Playground
- Bungarribee Park and Playground, Western Sydney Parklands
- Central Gardens, Merrylands
- Fairfield Adventure Park
- Holroyd Gardens, Merrylands
- Livvi’s Place Yamble Reserve Ryde
- Livvi’s Place Playground at the Bernie Mullane Complex, Kellyville
- Lizard Log Playground, Horsley Park
- Mt Annan Botanic Gardens Playground
- Parramatta Park Playgrounds
- Parramatta River Foreshore Playground
- Plough and Harrow Playground, Western Sydney Parklands
- Rouse Hill Playground
NB I have also a post called Sydney’s Best Playgrounds Listed By Suburb – it lists playgrounds we’ve been to plus others that have been recommended.
What a wonderful spot, one of the most family-friendly parks in Sydney. There’s a lovely playground, a fantastic kids bike and scooter track plus the delightful Grounds Keeper Cafe.
Brand new in 2017, this park and playground features: a large grassed area, children’s play equipment, nature play area, community herb garden, outdoor fitness and kitchen area, improved seating, accessible toilets, water feature and multiple trees and other plants.
Newly renovated and with equipment for all ages, including some amazing huge slides, this is a local favourite.
I do have some other posts listing playgrounds by attribute, you can check out:
And Some Great Playgrounds We’ve Visited Outside Sydney!
If in Cairns, do not miss the fantastic Muddy’s Playground on the Esplanade.
When in Newcastle, visiting Speers Park Playground is a must.
Oops! It looks like we’ve gone over the 50… and I bet there are more to add to this list.
Can you recommend a fantastic playground to other Sydney families?
If you’d like to send in any suggestions and photos I could add them to this list.
If you’ve written about a great playground, please do leave a link in the comments.
Does your family have a passion for playgrounds too?