Playgrounds Deluxe, don’t you love them! These are the best playgrounds in Sydney… at least the best that we’ve found so far! I hope you enjoy browsing through them.
There can’t be a better city in the world for the variety and quality of its children’s playgrounds.
With three boys and a girl, all lively kids and two with ADHD diagnoses, I am not kidding when I say that Sydney’s playgrounds saved my sanity.
I am planning to write mini descriptions of these playgrounds, in the meantime, just click on the name to read the detailed post.
Contents of this post
- City + East
- Bondi Beach Playground
- Darling Quarter Playground, Darling Harbour
- Grant Reserve, Coogee
- Lyne Park Playground, Rose Bay
- Maroubra Beach Playground and Skate Park, Maroubra
- Pirrama Park Playground at Pyrmont Point
- Robertson Park Playground, Watson’s Bay
- Rushcutters Bay Park Playground, Rushcutters Bay
- Sydney Park Playground, St Peters
- Anderson Park, Ryde
- Apex Park Playground, Mona Vale
- Balmoral Beach Playground
- Berry Island Reserve Playground, Wollstonecraft
- Bicentennial Park Playground, West Pymble
- Bilarong Reserve, Narrabeen Lake
- Blenheim Park, North Ryde
- Blackman Park Playground, Lane Cove West
- Bobbin Head Playground and Walks, Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park
- Buffalo Creek Reserve Playground, Hunters Hill
- Clifton Gardens Playground
- Clontarf Beach Playground
- Collaroy Beach Playground, Collaroy
- Fagan Park, Galston
- Flying Fox Playground at Winnererremy Bay Park
- Governor Phillip Park Playground, Palm Beach
- Hallstrom Reserve Playground, Willoughby
- John Roche Playground, Northbridge
- O H Reid Reserve, Chatswood West
- Lagoon Park Playground, Queenscliff by Manly
- Lionel Watts Playground, Frenchs Forest
- Passmore Reserve Playground, Manly Vale
- Putney Park Playground, Putney
- Walter Gors Park in Dee Why
- Wahroonga Park Playground
- Warners Park Playground, Northbridge
- Warriewood Valley Playgound – Rocket Park
- Waverton Park – Merrett Playground
- Willoughby Park Playground, Willoughby
- Inner West
- The Backyard at Rouse Hills Town Centre
- Bicentennial Park Playground, Sydney Olympic Park
- Blaxland Riverside Park Playground
- Bungarribee Park and Playground, Western Sydney Parklands
- Central Gardens, Merrylands
- Fairfield Adventure Park
- Holroyd Gardens, Merrylands
- Livvi’s Place Yamble Reserve Ryde
- Livvi’s Place Playground at the Bernie Mullane Complex, Kellyville
- Lizard Log Playground, Horsley Park
- Mt Annan Botanic Gardens Playground
- Parramatta Park Playgrounds
- Parramatta River Foreshore Playground
- Plough and Harrow Playground, Western Sydney Parklands
- Rouse Hill Playground
NB I have also a post called Sydney’s Best Playgrounds Listed By Suburb – it lists playgrounds we’ve been to plus others that have been recommended.
Brand new in 2017, this park and playground features: a large grassed area, children’s play equipment, nature play area, community herb garden, outdoor fitness and kitchen area, improved seating, accessible toilets, water feature and multiple trees and other plants.
I do have some other posts listing playgrounds by attribute, you can check out:
And Some Great Playgrounds We’ve Visited Outside Sydney!
If in Cairns, do not miss the fantastic Muddy’s Playground on the Esplanade.
When in Newcastle, visiting Speers Park Playground is a must.
Oops! It looks like we’ve gone over the 50… and I bet there are more to add to this list.
Can you recommend a fantastic playground to other Sydney families?
If you’d like to send in any suggestions and photos I could add them to this list.
If you’ve written about a great playground, please do leave a link in the comments.
Does your family have a passion for playgrounds too?